Students riots: last real democracy
Stories and News No. 359
My international right to education act*
1. Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.
2. Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities for the maintenance of peace.
3. In order to eliminate and prevent discrimination the States thereto undertake not to allow, in any form of assistance granted by the public authorities to educational institutions, any restrictions or preference based solely on the ground that pupils belong to a particular group.
4. The States recognize the right of everyone to education. They agree that education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and the sense of its dignity, and shall strengthen the respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.
5. The States further agree that education shall enable all persons to participate effectively in a free society. The development of a system of schools at all levels shall be actively pursued, an adequate fellowship system shall be established, and the material conditions of teaching staff shall be continuously improved.
The News (Daily Mail): Italian students take on riot police in protest against budget cuts and unelected EU 'government of the banks'.
(*Mixing Universal Declaration of Human Rights, International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and Convention against Discrimination in Education - UNESCO)
Stories and news: “invented” Stories, fruit of my imagination, inspired by “true” media News.
Share the post: